Evan provides practical and proactive advice to public, broader public, and private sector employers on a wide range of labour and employment issues. His areas of expertise include human rights and accommodation, wrongful dismissal claims, workplace safety and insurance, employment standards, and health and safety.
Evan is also a talented litigator and negotiator who has represented clients before various mediators, administrative tribunals, and at the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
Evan received his J.D. in 2015 from the University of Toronto. While there, he earned the McMillan LLP Scholarship for academic excellence. He also volunteered with Downtown Legal Services, a community legal clinic, and worked for Law in Action Within Schools, a legal education program. Prior to attending law school, Evan received an M.A. in English from Queen’s University, and a B.A. (Hons, with High Distinction) in English and Philosophy from the University of Toronto. He was called to the bar in 2016.
Recent Articles by Evan Daikov
- Toronto Public Health to Regularly Publish COVID-19 Workplace Outbreaks, Announces New Measures for COVID-19 Workplace Safety
- Ontario Superior Court of Justice Finds CIBC Liable in Overtime Class Action
- Province Revises List of Essential Workplaces Permitted to Operate During COVID-19 Closure Order
- COVID-19 in the Workplace
- Ontario Court of Appeal Upholds Common Law Damages Award for Lost Stock Options and Other Incentives