Alexandra has represented employers in a broad range of industries in relation to issues such as termination and wrongful dismissal, accommodation and human rights. She also regularly assists unionized employers with certification applications, unfair labour practice complaints and grievance arbitrations.
Alexandra enjoys working with her clients to develop practical solutions to workplace issues, and has frequently been invited to speak on various labour and employment issues.
Prior to law school, Alexandra graduated with honours from the University of Guelph and received a B.Comm with a major in Human Resource Management. She obtained her J.D. from Osgoode Hall, where she was awarded the Charles Edward Woodrow Award for academic achievement. She was called to the bar in 2015.
Recent Articles by Alexandra Jamieson
- Update: COVID-19 Temporary Layoff May Not Be Constructive Dismissal at Common Law
- COVID-19 Temporary Layoffs May Constitute Constructive Dismissal at Common Law
- Ontario Implements Paid Sick Leave for Reasons Related to COVID-19
- Ontario Labour Relations Board Determines Foodora Couriers are Dependent Contractors and can Unionize
- Ontario Legislation Aims to Promote Gender Equality and Reduce Wage Gap